Waitrose gives ‘a little love’ to East Devon food charities
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Waitrose supermarket is giving local charities which help feed local families ‘a little love’ as part of its new Christmas campaign.
A spokesperson for Waitrose said: “Today I had the pleasure of donating four bags of ingredients to support Sidmouth College’s technology department. A gift card was also enclosed to help with future expenses.”
This donation is part of the supermarket’s Christmas campaign, “Give a little love”.
During the November and December campaign Waitrose will be supporting six local charities who will be feeding local families: Sid Valley Food Bank, OSM Food Bank, Seaton Food Bank, Honiton Food Bank, Open Door Exmouth, Home Start Exeter and East Devon.
Each of the above charities will receive a donation of £333.
You may also want to watch:
Make sure you scan your My Waitrose card each time you shop to donate 1p per transaction.
There are details in branch of other ways you can support local charities.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride