Waitrose gives ‘a little love’ to East Devon food charities
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Waitrose supermarket is giving local charities which help feed local families ‘a little love’ as part of its new Christmas campaign.
A spokesperson for Waitrose said: “Today I had the pleasure of donating four bags of ingredients to support Sidmouth College’s technology department. A gift card was also enclosed to help with future expenses.”
This donation is part of the supermarket’s Christmas campaign, “Give a little love”.
During the November and December campaign Waitrose will be supporting six local charities who will be feeding local families: Sid Valley Food Bank, OSM Food Bank, Seaton Food Bank, Honiton Food Bank, Open Door Exmouth, Home Start Exeter and East Devon.
Each of the above charities will receive a donation of £333.
You may also want to watch:
Make sure you scan your My Waitrose card each time you shop to donate 1p per transaction.
There are details in branch of other ways you can support local charities.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon