Waitrose gives cafe cash
SID Valley Memory Caf� has benefitted from Waitrose’s Community Matters scheme.
The caf� is a Rotary Club project led by the Sid Valley and Sidmouth clubs and supported by volunteers with help from NHS Devon Partnership Trust staff and mental health team.
Rotarian Derek Eagles, caf� co-ordinator, and volunteer therapist June Waters received the cheque for �320 from Sue Smith and Simon Perry of Sidmouth’s Waitrose store, watched by club presidents David Mason and Paul Dowen.
David said: “Thanks to Waitrose and all its staff, and those people who nominated us and put their little green tokens in our collecting box after shopping at the store.”
The cash will go toward providing June with materials to help people with memory problems associated with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
You may also want to watch:
The caf� at Twyford House, Coburg Road, Sidmouth, will next be open on Wednesday, November 10, 2.30pm-4.30pm. For information call (01395) 542574.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses