Waitrose gives cafe cash
SID Valley Memory Caf� has benefitted from Waitrose’s Community Matters scheme.
The caf� is a Rotary Club project led by the Sid Valley and Sidmouth clubs and supported by volunteers with help from NHS Devon Partnership Trust staff and mental health team.
Rotarian Derek Eagles, caf� co-ordinator, and volunteer therapist June Waters received the cheque for �320 from Sue Smith and Simon Perry of Sidmouth’s Waitrose store, watched by club presidents David Mason and Paul Dowen.
David said: “Thanks to Waitrose and all its staff, and those people who nominated us and put their little green tokens in our collecting box after shopping at the store.”
The cash will go toward providing June with materials to help people with memory problems associated with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
You may also want to watch:
The caf� at Twyford House, Coburg Road, Sidmouth, will next be open on Wednesday, November 10, 2.30pm-4.30pm. For information call (01395) 542574.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary