Waitrose gives cafe cash
SID Valley Memory Caf� has benefitted from Waitrose’s Community Matters scheme.
The caf� is a Rotary Club project led by the Sid Valley and Sidmouth clubs and supported by volunteers with help from NHS Devon Partnership Trust staff and mental health team.
Rotarian Derek Eagles, caf� co-ordinator, and volunteer therapist June Waters received the cheque for �320 from Sue Smith and Simon Perry of Sidmouth’s Waitrose store, watched by club presidents David Mason and Paul Dowen.
David said: “Thanks to Waitrose and all its staff, and those people who nominated us and put their little green tokens in our collecting box after shopping at the store.”
The cash will go toward providing June with materials to help people with memory problems associated with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
You may also want to watch:
The caf� at Twyford House, Coburg Road, Sidmouth, will next be open on Wednesday, November 10, 2.30pm-4.30pm. For information call (01395) 542574.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight