Waitrose shoppers help bag £550 for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- Credit: Archant
‘Donation is a great help in enabling charity to continue its valuable work’
Shoppers have helped bag an additional £550 of funding for Sidmouth Voluntary Services (SVS).
The charity provides assistance and support to over-60s and disabled people in the town and is entirely reliant on its own fundraising efforts - so the boost will be a big help in its work.
Waitrose Community Matters selected SVS from nominations as one of its chosen causes for December and the store’s Julie Marish recently presented a cheque to the charity at its Twyford House base.
Speaking on behalf of SVS, Kay Drodge said: “We are a charity that gets no money other than our own efforts in raising funds – these we need to run our lunch club and the minibuses that we use for shopping trips and other outings for our members. The Waitrose donation will be a great help towards this.”
You may also want to watch:
The SVS serves coffee from 11.30am Monday to Friday, followed by lunches for a reasonable price and offers a minibus shuttle service if required, as well as regular shopping trips and a medical car if needed.
Anyone interested in booking a lunch can call 01395 515063 or, for one of the transport services, ring 01395 512221.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
Kay added that volunteer drivers are always needed to help continue the valuable service and appealed for possible recruits to get in touch.