Walk of Witness Parade
AFTER excited youngsters collect their tasty hot cross buns from Sidmouth s sea front today the traditional Good Friday Walk of Witness Procession will take place in the town. People are asked to meet on the Esplanade opposite the Royal York Hotel at 10am
AFTER excited youngsters collect their tasty hot cross buns from Sidmouth's sea front today the traditional Good Friday Walk of Witness Procession will take place in the town.
People are asked to meet on the Esplanade opposite the Royal York Hotel at 10am. After a prayer and a hymn the group will proceed, following the Good Friday symbol of a wooden cross, to the Market Place for a further prayer, reading and hymn.
They will then continue through Old Fore Street and the High Street with a stop outside the Methodist Church where there will be a prayer, reading and hymn.
The procession will then walk to the Unitarian Church, turn into All Saints Road and will stop for final prayers, reading and song at All Saints Church lawn at about 10.45am.
You may also want to watch:
After this it continues to the Methodist Church via May Terrace, Sidmouth Hospital and Blackmore Gardens.
Following the Walk of Witness parade all the Sid Valley churches will unite at 11am for a United Service in the Methodist Church.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
The service will be led by Reverend Brian Hadfield and the preacher will be Reverend Alistair McKenna. Everyone is welcome.