Eyewitnesses snap wallaby as it wanders into Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Video footage of a wallaby making its way through Ottery St Mary has emerged.
Residents took to social media to share images and video of the animal which was spotted on Tuesday evening.
The wallaby was seen in Washbrook View, Ridgeway and near Canaan Way.
Kate Pitter was in the car with her two children when she took this video of the wallaby.
She said: "He or she was just past Canaan Way towards where people park to walk there dogs by the field just sat in the middle of the road. It seemed very content and hopped along slowly in front of the car for a while and sat beside the car which was before the video that I posted. The kids absolutely loved it! I've heard they are wild in the uk so maybe they are on the rise?"
You may also want to watch:
There has been no hide nor hair of the macrapod since it went on the hop on Tuesday, May 14.
A police spokesman confirmed that officers were notified at 11pm on Tuesday evening after being seen on Washbrook View, Ottery St Mary.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
The spokesman added the animal left the area via a public walkway.
The animal, which is native to Australia and New Guinea, is believed to be from a private collection.
See where the wallaby was first seen here