Wanted - Poppy Appeal helpers in Sidmouth
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with this year s Poppy Appeal, which begins next month. Sidmouth Poppy Appeal organiser Liz Langham said: I need as many people as possible to collect. So far I have over 40, but need more. The appeal starts on Saturda
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with this year's Poppy Appeal, which begins next month.
Sidmouth Poppy Appeal organiser Liz Langham said: "I need as many people as possible to collect. So far I have over 40, but need more."
The appeal starts on Saturday, October 25 and ends on Saturday, November 8. Last year's total of £13,100 will be tough to beat as it was an all-time record.
"That appeal marked the 60 years of the end of World War Two. This year is the 90th anniversary of the end of the First World War, as well as the centenary of the Territorial Army," said Mrs Langham.
You may also want to watch:
"I am seeing poppies in my dreams. I have 10,000 in the house, in my front room and spare bedroom, they are everywhere!"
Remembrance Day service will take place at the parish church at 11am on Sunday, November 9 and on Friday, November 7 at 10am the traditional Garden of Remembrance service takes place with the 'planting' of memorial crosses.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
Anyone able to help during Poppy week should contact Mrs Langham on (01395) 578987 from the beginning of October.