War Horse author Michael Morpurgo returns to FolkWeek
- Credit: Archant
War Horse author Michael Morpurgo will return to Sidmouth FolkWeek for a pre-festival special at The Ham Marquee.
Following on from last year’s rapid sell out, early booking will be required for Private Peaceful – The Concert with the master-storyteller and harmonic tour de force Coope Boyes & Simpson on Friday, August 2, at 3pm.
Based on his award-winning book, Private Peaceful tells the story of Tommo Peaceful. It moves between humour and tragedy – from childhood in a Devon village to the trenches of the Western Front in the First World War One.
This special performance combines Michael Morpurgo’s evocative readings with songs, which match and intensify the narration, written and arranged by the a cappella trio.
An innovative and atmospheric production that offers a unique and timely reminder of the human cost of the war to end all wars.
You may also want to watch:
The event is suitable for children 10-years-of-age and above.
Visit www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk or call 01395 577952.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge