War Horse author Michael Morpurgo returns to FolkWeek
- Credit: Archant
War Horse author Michael Morpurgo will return to Sidmouth FolkWeek for a pre-festival special at The Ham Marquee.
Following on from last year’s rapid sell out, early booking will be required for Private Peaceful – The Concert with the master-storyteller and harmonic tour de force Coope Boyes & Simpson on Friday, August 2, at 3pm.
Based on his award-winning book, Private Peaceful tells the story of Tommo Peaceful. It moves between humour and tragedy – from childhood in a Devon village to the trenches of the Western Front in the First World War One.
This special performance combines Michael Morpurgo’s evocative readings with songs, which match and intensify the narration, written and arranged by the a cappella trio.
An innovative and atmospheric production that offers a unique and timely reminder of the human cost of the war to end all wars.
You may also want to watch:
The event is suitable for children 10-years-of-age and above.
Visit www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk or call 01395 577952.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls