War Horse author Michael Morpurgo returns to FolkWeek
- Credit: Archant
War Horse author Michael Morpurgo will return to Sidmouth FolkWeek for a pre-festival special at The Ham Marquee.
Following on from last year’s rapid sell out, early booking will be required for Private Peaceful – The Concert with the master-storyteller and harmonic tour de force Coope Boyes & Simpson on Friday, August 2, at 3pm.
Based on his award-winning book, Private Peaceful tells the story of Tommo Peaceful. It moves between humour and tragedy – from childhood in a Devon village to the trenches of the Western Front in the First World War One.
This special performance combines Michael Morpurgo’s evocative readings with songs, which match and intensify the narration, written and arranged by the a cappella trio.
An innovative and atmospheric production that offers a unique and timely reminder of the human cost of the war to end all wars.
The event is suitable for children 10-years-of-age and above.
Visit www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk or call 01395 577952.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 3 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 4 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 5 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 6 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 7 Sidmouth Running Club welcomes return of the Bicton Blister
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 10 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now