Warming up for World Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Rugby Club put on a ‘spectacle of all levels’ with a family fun day.
As part of its Rugby World Cup preparations, the club organised a mini-tournament for the under sevens and eights, refreshments and cake stalls and a ladies’ luncheon. Visitors also watched the 1st team and the colts cruise to victory in their fixtures.
Club chairman Lester Willmington said: “The whole day was a fantastic trial run for the club’s approach to the Rugby World Cup this autumn.
“The ladies’ luncheon was a great success with the distraction of the finale of the Six Nations showcasing what a great spectacle rugby at all levels can be.”
Inside the clubhouse, eyes turned to the final day of the Six Nations. Despite England narrowly missing out on the championship to Ireland, a fun day was had by all.
Club secretary Terry O’Brien said: “We are definitely ready to open our doors to the local community as the centre of the Rugby World Cup in Sidmouth.”
- 1 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 2 Broadband firm apologises for late-night roadworks noise
- 3 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 4 Sidmouth greenkeepers fighting for the perfect bowling surface
- 5 'A rise in parking charges will hit locals hardest'
- 6 What makes Sidmouth the perfect place to live?
- 7 Major road in Sidmouth to close for THREE months
- 8 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 9 New pizza restaurant opens on Sidmouth seafront
- 10 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'