Warming up for World Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Rugby Club put on a ‘spectacle of all levels’ with a family fun day.
As part of its Rugby World Cup preparations, the club organised a mini-tournament for the under sevens and eights, refreshments and cake stalls and a ladies’ luncheon. Visitors also watched the 1st team and the colts cruise to victory in their fixtures.
Club chairman Lester Willmington said: “The whole day was a fantastic trial run for the club’s approach to the Rugby World Cup this autumn.
“The ladies’ luncheon was a great success with the distraction of the finale of the Six Nations showcasing what a great spectacle rugby at all levels can be.”
Inside the clubhouse, eyes turned to the final day of the Six Nations. Despite England narrowly missing out on the championship to Ireland, a fun day was had by all.
You may also want to watch:
Club secretary Terry O’Brien said: “We are definitely ready to open our doors to the local community as the centre of the Rugby World Cup in Sidmouth.”
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'