Warming up for World Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Rugby Club put on a ‘spectacle of all levels’ with a family fun day.
As part of its Rugby World Cup preparations, the club organised a mini-tournament for the under sevens and eights, refreshments and cake stalls and a ladies’ luncheon. Visitors also watched the 1st team and the colts cruise to victory in their fixtures.
Club chairman Lester Willmington said: “The whole day was a fantastic trial run for the club’s approach to the Rugby World Cup this autumn.
“The ladies’ luncheon was a great success with the distraction of the finale of the Six Nations showcasing what a great spectacle rugby at all levels can be.”
Inside the clubhouse, eyes turned to the final day of the Six Nations. Despite England narrowly missing out on the championship to Ireland, a fun day was had by all.
You may also want to watch:
Club secretary Terry O’Brien said: “We are definitely ready to open our doors to the local community as the centre of the Rugby World Cup in Sidmouth.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98