Warning after Salcombe Regis thefts
THIEVES broke into two more cars in Salcombe Regis this week, making off with motorists personal items. Both thefts happened in Salcombe Regis Church car park on Tuesday. Between 3pm and 4.10pm a handbag was taken from a green Renault Clio and between
THIEVES broke into two more cars in Salcombe Regis this week, making off with motorists' personal items.
Both thefts happened in Salcombe Regis Church car park on Tuesday.
Between 3pm and 4.10pm a handbag was taken from a green Renault Clio and between 3.30pm and 4.20pm another handbag was stolen from a blue Ford Galaxy. Police are interested in speaking to a man who was seen in the car park around this time in order to eliminate him from their inquiries.
He is described as white, between 30 and 40-years-old, six foot two inches with straight short mousy hair and of muscular build.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a beige t-shirt with cream or white horizontal stripes on it, beige trousers and was sitting in the passenger side of a car.
Sergeant Andy Turner, of Sidmouth Police, said: "We regularly present warnings to people not to keep valuables in their cars but some people continue to do so and as such leave themselves open to this type of crime.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
"It has been proven on recent occasions that people who leave their cars free from all valuables are not broken into, whereas other cars, with items in them, are more at risk."
Sergeant Turner said this Salcombe Regis Church car park was an "area of concern" due to a recent number of thefts in the area.
Anyone with information about the above thefts or the man spotted in the area should ring police on 08452 777444 quoting crime reference number KS/09/490 or KS/09/491.