Warning over death threat email scam
Police are warning the public about a fraud in which crooks send threatening emails to residents and businesses saying that someone close to them wants then dead.
The sinister correspondence even says details have been provided on how to kill the individual.
The recipient is advised to provide their bank details in order to prevent any harm coming to them.
The emails appear to be sent from outside the UK.
There have been five separate reported cases in the Devon and Cornwall force area.
The public are advised not to be concerned if they receive such an email and not respond in any way or provide their bank details.
If anyone has received such an email or does so in the future they are advised to contact police on 101 quoting police reference
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 7 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam