Water leak causes Sidmouth ‘chaos’
LATEST: Busy road should reopen today- police
A JUGULAR route into Sidmouth is set to be reopened today (Thursday, April 28), say police, after a massive water leak caused “chaos” in the town.
Police said they received reports of a burst water main where Arcot Road meets Temple Street at around 1.55am on Wednesday morning.
Water board technicians turned up half an hour later and the stretch was shut and has remained so since.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesperson said traffic problems in Alexandria Road and surrounding areas were subsequently reported.
You may also want to watch:
One irked resident told the Herald on Wednesday: “From 7am this morning no buses were running through Woolbrook area due to road works no-one knew were going to take place- leaving literally hundreds of people unknowingly waiting for a bus and missing work, school and other appointments.”
South West Water (SWW) said repair work was completed by midday on Wednesday.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
More to follow.