Water leak causes Sidmouth ‘chaos’
LATEST: Busy road should reopen today- police
A JUGULAR route into Sidmouth is set to be reopened today (Thursday, April 28), say police, after a massive water leak caused “chaos” in the town.
Police said they received reports of a burst water main where Arcot Road meets Temple Street at around 1.55am on Wednesday morning.
Water board technicians turned up half an hour later and the stretch was shut and has remained so since.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesperson said traffic problems in Alexandria Road and surrounding areas were subsequently reported.
You may also want to watch:
One irked resident told the Herald on Wednesday: “From 7am this morning no buses were running through Woolbrook area due to road works no-one knew were going to take place- leaving literally hundreds of people unknowingly waiting for a bus and missing work, school and other appointments.”
South West Water (SWW) said repair work was completed by midday on Wednesday.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
More to follow.