WaterAid appeal for Coast Along walkers
South West Water and WaterAid appeal for walking teams for Coast Along fundraiser
WALKERS are being urged to put together a team for this year’s Coast Along event in aid of water charity WaterAid.
The event, on Saturday, September 11, aims to get at least one team of walkers on all 187 coastal paths in selected regions throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
Coast Along was started by South West Water in 2005 with support from WaterAid, but this year it has gone nationwide for the first time.
The 2009 event raised over �80,000 for the charity.
There are 70 sections of coastal path in the South West to choose from, with sections running between four and 15 miles and graded from easy to severe. There are also sections of path suitable for wheelchairs and buggies.
Neil Whiter, Water Strategy Manager, South West Water and WaterAid South West representative said: “The Coast Along event is a fantastic opportunity for people to go for a walk on our beautiful coastline while helping to raise much-needed funds for WaterAid.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
- 3 Building more homes alone won't solve housing crisis
- 4 Our library really is the jewel in Ottery's crown
- 5 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 6 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 7 Levelling Up funding could make a real difference in Devon
- 8 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 9 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 10 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
“South West Water is proud to be associated with WaterAid. The charity helps to provide clean drinking water and sanitation to some of the world’s poorest countries.”
Money raised will help WaterAid – the industry charity of SWW - to provide safe water, sanitation and hygiene education for people in these parts of the world.
Just �15 can give one person access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation.
Anyone wishing to take part in this year’s Coast Along is asked to try to raise a minimum of �50 in sponsorship for WaterAid. Interested: Go to: www.coastalongforwateraid.org for more information and to sign up.