We don’t mean to drone on about it, but our college is 50
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College students and staff pose for a school photograph with a difference - with this stunning aerial shot taken from 40 feet in the air.
More than 800 people squeezed into a template designed by Kate Truman and Charlotte Pollentine last Friday for the special snap to mark the college’s 50th anniversary.
Mrs Truman said: “We calculated how many people could fit in a square metre and measured it out with a metre wheel. We are thrilled with the photos – they are more than we hoped for.”
Capturing the image was photographer Neil Ewins, who navigated his S1000 Octocopter - an unmanned aerial vehicle - up to 40 feet before taking a series of photographs and videos for the school.
The picture had previously been delayed four times due to poor weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Neil, a photographer of 15 years, said: “It was really exciting. I was quite pleased and to see all the children waving in unison was quite fantastic.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight