We don’t mean to drone on about it, but our college is 50
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College students and staff pose for a school photograph with a difference - with this stunning aerial shot taken from 40 feet in the air.
More than 800 people squeezed into a template designed by Kate Truman and Charlotte Pollentine last Friday for the special snap to mark the college’s 50th anniversary.
Mrs Truman said: “We calculated how many people could fit in a square metre and measured it out with a metre wheel. We are thrilled with the photos – they are more than we hoped for.”
Capturing the image was photographer Neil Ewins, who navigated his S1000 Octocopter - an unmanned aerial vehicle - up to 40 feet before taking a series of photographs and videos for the school.
The picture had previously been delayed four times due to poor weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Neil, a photographer of 15 years, said: “It was really exciting. I was quite pleased and to see all the children waving in unison was quite fantastic.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat