‘We’re tired of barking Byes users’
- Credit: Archant
TIRED residents near the Byes are pleading for dog owners to keep the noise down after weeks of early wake up calls.
Claire Louise Jinks, 49, and her neighbours on Sid Park Road have been woken up as early as 5am because motorists shut their car doors loudly and dogs bark.
Claire said: “I have just moved here and I think it is a lovely area. I was expecting noise from people who live on the road not those who visit it.”
The road is a popular spot for visitors due to its unrestricted parking. Drivers park outside their house before unloading their dogs sometimes talking at the ‘top of their voice’.
The mum of one said: “It’s not even rude, they just don’t realise what they’re doing. Not everyone is awake at that time.”
You may also want to watch:
The residents haven’t approached the owners themselves about the issue as they were unsure how they would react.
One resident who wished to be anonymous said: “It’s being a bit more respectful for the people who are still sleeping. We do not want a war.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
He asked if dog walkers could keep their pets on their leads until they reach Margaret’s Field, a section of the Byes only a few hundred metres away to reduce the noise near their homes.