Take part in Sidmouth’s Wear a Hat Day
- Credit: Kyle Baker Photography
The town will hopefully become a sea of hats when Charlotte’s Army of fundraisers take part in the big Wear a Hat Day.
Teenager Charlotte Reid was diagnosed with a rare craniopharyngioma in July 2015, but with the help of an ‘army’ of fundraisers has raised more than £12,000 of her £19,000 total towards a week of research.
So far, more than 100 businesses, clubs, societies and individuals are on board.
All are welcome to sign their workplace/social group up to wear a hat for a £1 donation as part of a week of events being held from Saturday (March 23) until Saturday (March 30).
There will be a craft and coffee morning in the Methodist Church Hall on Saturday, March 23, a table top sale will be held in the Cellar Bar, at Kennaway House between 10am to 2pm, on Sunday, March 24 and a beetle drive on Friday, March 29.
You may also want to watch:
The week will end with a collection outside the Radway Cinema on March 29 and 30.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council