Take part in Sidmouth’s Wear a Hat Day
- Credit: Kyle Baker Photography
The town will hopefully become a sea of hats when Charlotte’s Army of fundraisers take part in the big Wear a Hat Day.
Teenager Charlotte Reid was diagnosed with a rare craniopharyngioma in July 2015, but with the help of an ‘army’ of fundraisers has raised more than £12,000 of her £19,000 total towards a week of research.
So far, more than 100 businesses, clubs, societies and individuals are on board.
All are welcome to sign their workplace/social group up to wear a hat for a £1 donation as part of a week of events being held from Saturday (March 23) until Saturday (March 30).
There will be a craft and coffee morning in the Methodist Church Hall on Saturday, March 23, a table top sale will be held in the Cellar Bar, at Kennaway House between 10am to 2pm, on Sunday, March 24 and a beetle drive on Friday, March 29.
You may also want to watch:
The week will end with a collection outside the Radway Cinema on March 29 and 30.
Email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal