Sidmouth Wear A Hat Day blossoms into second ‘selfie’ event
- Credit: Archant
The ‘amazing’ people who took part in Sidmouth’s virtual Wear A Hat Day in March are being invited to get creative for a second fun initiative this month.
The Wear A Hat campaign raises money for Brain Tumour Research.
After a planned seafront gathering of people wearing novelty hats had to be cancelled because of lockdown, nearly 200 people posed for selfies in their headgear and donated to the cause.
Now, Brain Tumour Research has launched Wear A Hat Day With Flowers, taking place on Friday, June 19.
People are invited to take selfies wearing floral hats, or take pictures of cakes decorated with flowers, or come up with their own variations on the theme.
Photos can be uploaded to the Wear A Hat Facebook page, and donations made via JustGiving.
You may also want to watch:
The March event raised 1112.70, with more money still to come in from shops that had collecting tins.
Mel Tiley of Brain Tumour Research said: “You guys are truly amazing to raise what you did.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open