Floral headgear boosts fundraising for Sidmouth’s Wear A Hat team
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 has been raised so far by this year’s Wear A Hat initiatives in Sidmouth, in aid of Brain Tumour Research.
In the latest virtual event, people were invited to post a photo of themselves wearing headgear with floral decorations, and make a donation via JustGiving.
Alexa Baker from the fundraising team said: “We had hats with fresh flowers, a dog wearing a hat, a Zoom photo from JM Dancefit’s hat-wearing Zumba class and homemade creations.
“Over £70 was donated and everyone, including each Zumba member, was entered into
the draw to win a Kyle Baker Photography print of Alma Field and an embroidered hoop based on the photo by The Little Stitcher.”
You may also want to watch:
Other fundraising events were held earlier this year, including the virtual Wear A Hat Day in March.
The total amount raised is not yet known, as the team are still in the process of picking up collecting tins from shops that were closed during lockdown.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other