Weather sees family food fair cancelled at The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Tomorrow’s family food fair at The Donkey Sanctuary has been cancelled in the wake of Storm Callum.
Winds of up to 70mph have been forecasted for the region with the first of two yellow warnings of severe weather from the Met Office coming into force at 3am today (Friday) - with an alert that flash flooding could pose a danger to life.
Organisers have now revealed the event, which was due to take place tomorrow (Saturday), has been cancelled.
A charity spokesman said: “With the location of the fair in a marquee and high winds expected over the next 24 hours we must put the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers first.
“The sanctuary will remain open over the weekend, with The Kitchen offering hot food and drinks. We apologise for any inconvenience.
You may also want to watch:
“We are now looking ahead to the events we have planned for the October half term.”
Click here for more information on the events being held at the venue this half term.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables