Weather sees family food fair cancelled at The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Tomorrow’s family food fair at The Donkey Sanctuary has been cancelled in the wake of Storm Callum.
Winds of up to 70mph have been forecasted for the region with the first of two yellow warnings of severe weather from the Met Office coming into force at 3am today (Friday) - with an alert that flash flooding could pose a danger to life.
Organisers have now revealed the event, which was due to take place tomorrow (Saturday), has been cancelled.
A charity spokesman said: “With the location of the fair in a marquee and high winds expected over the next 24 hours we must put the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers first.
“The sanctuary will remain open over the weekend, with The Kitchen offering hot food and drinks. We apologise for any inconvenience.
You may also want to watch:
“We are now looking ahead to the events we have planned for the October half term.”
Click here for more information on the events being held at the venue this half term.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live