Weather sees family food fair cancelled at The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Tomorrow’s family food fair at The Donkey Sanctuary has been cancelled in the wake of Storm Callum.
Winds of up to 70mph have been forecasted for the region with the first of two yellow warnings of severe weather from the Met Office coming into force at 3am today (Friday) - with an alert that flash flooding could pose a danger to life.
Organisers have now revealed the event, which was due to take place tomorrow (Saturday), has been cancelled.
A charity spokesman said: “With the location of the fair in a marquee and high winds expected over the next 24 hours we must put the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers first.
“The sanctuary will remain open over the weekend, with The Kitchen offering hot food and drinks. We apologise for any inconvenience.
You may also want to watch:
“We are now looking ahead to the events we have planned for the October half term.”
Click here for more information on the events being held at the venue this half term.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start