Weather sees family food fair cancelled at The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Tomorrow’s family food fair at The Donkey Sanctuary has been cancelled in the wake of Storm Callum.
Winds of up to 70mph have been forecasted for the region with the first of two yellow warnings of severe weather from the Met Office coming into force at 3am today (Friday) - with an alert that flash flooding could pose a danger to life.
Organisers have now revealed the event, which was due to take place tomorrow (Saturday), has been cancelled.
A charity spokesman said: “With the location of the fair in a marquee and high winds expected over the next 24 hours we must put the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers first.
“The sanctuary will remain open over the weekend, with The Kitchen offering hot food and drinks. We apologise for any inconvenience.
You may also want to watch:
“We are now looking ahead to the events we have planned for the October half term.”
Click here for more information on the events being held at the venue this half term.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls