Popular fireworks display cancelled for 2019
- Credit: Archant
There will be no fireworks this year in Sidbury after organisers have been forced to cancel this year’s event.
The Sidbury Bonfire and Fireworks committee says it has made the decision due to a weather warning.
Anyone who has purchased a ticket will have it honoured for next year's event.
The committee said: "It is with regret that Sidbury Bonfire and Fireworks Committee have cancelled this years event as a result of a weather warning.
"Although we are all disappointed especially as a great deal has been done to date, the safety of our audience and army of helpers is paramount.
You may also want to watch:
"For those that have purchased pre-paid tickets they will be honoured for next year's event or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. please include your bank details."
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live