Popular fireworks display cancelled for 2019
- Credit: Archant
There will be no fireworks this year in Sidbury after organisers have been forced to cancel this year’s event.
The Sidbury Bonfire and Fireworks committee says it has made the decision due to a weather warning.
Anyone who has purchased a ticket will have it honoured for next year's event.
The committee said: "It is with regret that Sidbury Bonfire and Fireworks Committee have cancelled this years event as a result of a weather warning.
"Although we are all disappointed especially as a great deal has been done to date, the safety of our audience and army of helpers is paramount.
You may also want to watch:
"For those that have purchased pre-paid tickets they will be honoured for next year's event or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. please include your bank details."
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start