Weather warning issued over thunderstorms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Warnings over an approaching thunderstorm have been issued by the Met Office.
A yellow warning has been issued for most the UK for between 6pm on Tuesday, July 23 and 9am on Wednesday, July 24.
Scattered thunderstorms are set to move north tonight and early Wednesday which could lead to some power cuts and travel delays.
What to expect:
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur.
- There is a small chance of damage to property from lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
- There is a small chance buildings or structures of a few homes and businesses being damaged.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 3 The sky's the limit as parachute jump raises £2,426 for Hospiscare
- 4 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 5 Double good deed for Brownies as litter pick raises money for food bank
- 6 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 7 Ukrainian refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 8 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 9 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 10 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
- There is a small chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus.
Click here for more information from the met office.