Wedding award joy for local firm
An Ottery woman who runs a studio and beauty services business with her husband and childhood friend has won a prestigious wedding award.
Jai Prettejohn, who started The Event Studios with her husband Dan and couple Sarah and Damon Ralph 18 months ago, picked up the Beauty Services gong at the Westcountry Wedding Awards.
Having grown up with Sarah in Ottery, and met her husband at Sidmouth College, their business specialises in hair and make-up, photography, floral design and catering.
Jai said she has found her ‘real passion’ over the past few years and decided to specialise in weddings.
She said despite the economic downturn her business is growing, leading both Jai and her husband Dan being nominated for the Westcountry Wedding Awards, held in Plymouth last week.
You may also want to watch:
After winning Mrs Prettejohn said: “This award means so much, as it is voted for by brides that I have worked with.
“To be part of a bride’s special day is always an honour and to know that they truly valued and appreciated what I did is fantastic and very moving.”
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers