Wedding award joy for local firm
An Ottery woman who runs a studio and beauty services business with her husband and childhood friend has won a prestigious wedding award.
Jai Prettejohn, who started The Event Studios with her husband Dan and couple Sarah and Damon Ralph 18 months ago, picked up the Beauty Services gong at the Westcountry Wedding Awards.
Having grown up with Sarah in Ottery, and met her husband at Sidmouth College, their business specialises in hair and make-up, photography, floral design and catering.
Jai said she has found her ‘real passion’ over the past few years and decided to specialise in weddings.
She said despite the economic downturn her business is growing, leading both Jai and her husband Dan being nominated for the Westcountry Wedding Awards, held in Plymouth last week.
After winning Mrs Prettejohn said: “This award means so much, as it is voted for by brides that I have worked with.
“To be part of a bride’s special day is always an honour and to know that they truly valued and appreciated what I did is fantastic and very moving.”
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers