West Hill bowlers net �300 for Devon Air Ambulance Trust
WEST HILL S Short Mat Bowls Club members raised �300 for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust at their 18th annual Open Triples competition earlier this month.
WEST HILL'S Short Mat Bowls Club members raised �300 for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust at their 18th annual 'Open Triples' competition earlier this month.
The event, in the village hall on June 6, saw 18 teams from clubs throughout Devon compete for the championship title.
Winners were only determined after a tense final game as Sidmouth team St Teresa's ran out victorious.
Team members John Larter, Gwen Larter and Gordon Honor overcame second place team Abbotskerswell.
You may also want to watch:
Both finalists had won all their games meaning the result has to be judged on shot-differences.
West Hill Club chairman David Tarr said: "This was a very successful event which has enabled us to present a cheque for �300 to our chosen charity, the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, as we did last year."
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 3 Legion's centenary plea for Sidmouth Poppy Appeal volunteers
- 4 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 7 Businesses should be stocking up now for Folk Festival
- 8 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 9 Lydon hopes his weighty challenge will give Hospiscare funds a lift
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
"But it's not all about competition," said David, "we are a social group who play for the fun of it. We meet three times a week at the village hall, and new members are always welcome."
Anyone interested can phone club secretary Tricia Tarr on (01404) 822681.