West Hill bowlers net �300 for Devon Air Ambulance Trust
WEST HILL S Short Mat Bowls Club members raised �300 for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust at their 18th annual Open Triples competition earlier this month.
WEST HILL'S Short Mat Bowls Club members raised �300 for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust at their 18th annual 'Open Triples' competition earlier this month.
The event, in the village hall on June 6, saw 18 teams from clubs throughout Devon compete for the championship title.
Winners were only determined after a tense final game as Sidmouth team St Teresa's ran out victorious.
Team members John Larter, Gwen Larter and Gordon Honor overcame second place team Abbotskerswell.
Both finalists had won all their games meaning the result has to be judged on shot-differences.
West Hill Club chairman David Tarr said: "This was a very successful event which has enabled us to present a cheque for �300 to our chosen charity, the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, as we did last year."
- 1 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 2 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 3 'Brilliant' 2021 fundraising success for Otter Garden Centre
- 4 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 6 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 7 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid
- 8 Drug runner spared jail after court hears he's beating habit
- 9 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 10 Sidmouth U18s Girls stay top after nail-biting victory
"But it's not all about competition," said David, "we are a social group who play for the fun of it. We meet three times a week at the village hall, and new members are always welcome."
Anyone interested can phone club secretary Tricia Tarr on (01404) 822681.