Sing when you’re winning, primary school on tune for BBC competiton.
- Credit: Archant
Primary school pupils from West Hill will take centre stage in a concert at Exeter Cathedral after winning a singing competition.
The 54-strong school choir triumphed in the Star for Christmas contest, and will perform alongside the Military Wives Choir and South West Comms Brass Band.
Schools from across the county submitted themselves for the BBC Radio Devon competition before a shortlist was drawn for a public vote.
West Hill Primary School wowed listeners with their version of Love Shone Down by Boyce and Stanley to win the large school category.
The school received more than a third of the 3,500 votes cast for the three finalists.
You may also want to watch:
The choir will now perform at Exeter Cathedral on Tuesday (December 18) where their performance will be recorded and aired on Christmas Day morning.
Visit https://goo.gl/FYdjPK to hear the winning performance and the other finalists.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support