West Hill Lloyd's �10k kindness sparks global good-will
A WEST Hill man s act of unbelievable kindness has sparked a spate of good-will towards him from around the world.
A WEST Hill man's act of "unbelievable" kindness has sparked a spate of good-will towards him from around the world.
The tale of how generous Lloyd Gardner, 22, helped police catch a brutal rapist and then handed his �10,000 reward to the victim has touched the heart-strings of thousands.
After the Herald revealed restaurant manager Lloyd's amazing act of generosity last Friday, he was billed alongside Barrack Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize on The Sun's website, before featuring in the majority of national newspapers and on television over the weekend.
Lloyd has been labeled "an inspiration", "a credit to his generation" and "a fine example to all young people," as the story has made its way across the globe.
You may also want to watch:
The Herald and Ottery St Mary police have this week received scores of cards and messages for Lloyd, and a group on social networking site Facebook, set up in his honour, has attracted more than 400 members.
The story notched up an incredible 435 comments from people from London to Sydney on the Daily Mail's site. One touched reader in Sweden said: "Forget your X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, and all the other "wannabe" shows, here is a real-life hero and an example to everyone."
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
Another said: "This has given me back some faith in human kindness."
Ever-modest Lloyd told the Herald this week he was still surprised by all the attention and said: "Anyone that has seen it has said well done, and the reaction has been really positive, although I never thought what I did would get such a big response. It's kind that people have gone out of their way to send me things.