West Hill McColls sweet treats to boost hospital accommodation project
- Credit: Archant
A West Hill convenience store has held a fundraiser to support Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Staff at McColls sold cakes to customers to help the hospital's project to build accommodation.
Great Ormond Street Hospital cares for seriously ill children from across the UK who travel for specialist treatment for complex and rare medical conditions.
Michaela Chown, an ambassador for the charity, was grateful for the shop's support, when it held the event on Wednesday (November 27).
The West Hill resident became a supporter after her daughter received support from Great Ormond Street Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The money raised by McColl's will help fund vital parent accommodation, McColl's House, keeping families closer together when their child is being cared for at GOSH.
"I am an ambassador for Great Ormond Street following years of support from the hospital for my daughter. She is now under adult services at various other London and local hospitals."
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year