West Hill McColls sweet treats to boost hospital accommodation project
- Credit: Archant
A West Hill convenience store has held a fundraiser to support Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Staff at McColls sold cakes to customers to help the hospital's project to build accommodation.
Great Ormond Street Hospital cares for seriously ill children from across the UK who travel for specialist treatment for complex and rare medical conditions.
Michaela Chown, an ambassador for the charity, was grateful for the shop's support, when it held the event on Wednesday (November 27).
The West Hill resident became a supporter after her daughter received support from Great Ormond Street Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The money raised by McColl's will help fund vital parent accommodation, McColl's House, keeping families closer together when their child is being cared for at GOSH.
"I am an ambassador for Great Ormond Street following years of support from the hospital for my daughter. She is now under adult services at various other London and local hospitals."
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth