West Hill McColls sweet treats to boost hospital accommodation project
- Credit: Archant
A West Hill convenience store has held a fundraiser to support Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Staff at McColls sold cakes to customers to help the hospital's project to build accommodation.
Great Ormond Street Hospital cares for seriously ill children from across the UK who travel for specialist treatment for complex and rare medical conditions.
Michaela Chown, an ambassador for the charity, was grateful for the shop's support, when it held the event on Wednesday (November 27).
The West Hill resident became a supporter after her daughter received support from Great Ormond Street Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The money raised by McColl's will help fund vital parent accommodation, McColl's House, keeping families closer together when their child is being cared for at GOSH.
"I am an ambassador for Great Ormond Street following years of support from the hospital for my daughter. She is now under adult services at various other London and local hospitals."
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb