West Hill Parish Council looks to co-opt two new councillors
- Credit: Archant
Civic leaders are looking for ‘enthusiastic’ members of the community to join West Hill Parish Council.
A timetable has been set up co-opt two people onto the council which held its first meeting last month.
Councillor Margaret Hall, chairman of the parish council, said: “We are looking for two people to become councillors by co-option to the newly-formed West Hill Parish Council. Now is an exciting time - for the first time ever West Hill is running its own affairs.
“One of our first projects as a new council will be to work on a strategic vision for the future of West Hill. In addition we will also be carrying out the duties of statutory consultee on planning applications and more generally providing support for our residents and community groups.
“We are looking for enthusiastic members of our community with a knowledge of local matters and an interest in improving our village to join us. We aim to be an inclusive and forward looking council and we hope that our council will reflect the different sections of our community.”
You may also want to watch:
Applicants are asked to write to Councillor Margaret Hall Greytops, West Hill Road
Ottery St Mary EX11 1TY or email email@example.com by Tuesday, June 13, confirming they are eligible to be a councillor and a brief statement about themselves and why they would like to join.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
A selection will take place at the council’s next meeting Tuesday June 20.