West Hill Parish Council looks to co-opt two new councillors
- Credit: Archant
Civic leaders are looking for ‘enthusiastic’ members of the community to join West Hill Parish Council.
A timetable has been set up co-opt two people onto the council which held its first meeting last month.
Councillor Margaret Hall, chairman of the parish council, said: “We are looking for two people to become councillors by co-option to the newly-formed West Hill Parish Council. Now is an exciting time - for the first time ever West Hill is running its own affairs.
“One of our first projects as a new council will be to work on a strategic vision for the future of West Hill. In addition we will also be carrying out the duties of statutory consultee on planning applications and more generally providing support for our residents and community groups.
“We are looking for enthusiastic members of our community with a knowledge of local matters and an interest in improving our village to join us. We aim to be an inclusive and forward looking council and we hope that our council will reflect the different sections of our community.”
You may also want to watch:
Applicants are asked to write to Councillor Margaret Hall Greytops, West Hill Road
Ottery St Mary EX11 1TY or email email@example.com by Tuesday, June 13, confirming they are eligible to be a councillor and a brief statement about themselves and why they would like to join.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
A selection will take place at the council’s next meeting Tuesday June 20.