West Hill Royal British Legion fete fun
WEST Hill got wild on Saturday as the village’s Royal British Legion (RBL) club hosted its annual fete.
More than 100 visitors enjoyed the wild west themed event, which featured games, skittles and stocks that allowed children to soak adults.
Daytime fun was followed by a Barn Dance hosted by Red Wing.
Organisers thanked Ottery St Mary’s Brass Class for providing music, and local shops, businesses and individuals for their generous support and time.
Visitors were given a special mention for making the day such a success.
You may also want to watch:
Annual fetes, a summer skittles league and a new wide screen television at the club has seen its popularity soar in the village, according to RBL member Elaine Bennett.
“Money raised at the fete will be used to improve the facilities hopefully attracting more members,” she said.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
Proceeds from the event were still being counted.