West Hill Royal British Legion fete fun
WEST Hill got wild on Saturday as the village’s Royal British Legion (RBL) club hosted its annual fete.
More than 100 visitors enjoyed the wild west themed event, which featured games, skittles and stocks that allowed children to soak adults.
Daytime fun was followed by a Barn Dance hosted by Red Wing.
Organisers thanked Ottery St Mary’s Brass Class for providing music, and local shops, businesses and individuals for their generous support and time.
Visitors were given a special mention for making the day such a success.
Annual fetes, a summer skittles league and a new wide screen television at the club has seen its popularity soar in the village, according to RBL member Elaine Bennett.
“Money raised at the fete will be used to improve the facilities hopefully attracting more members,” she said.
- 1 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 2 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 3 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 4 Amateur dramatic society present 'tried and tested' comedy
- 5 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 6 Get ready to dive into Sidmouth's Sea Fest
- 7 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 8 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 9 'If I were a tree' - children's writing competition invites entries
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
Proceeds from the event were still being counted.