Village launches campaign to boost wedding numbers
- Credit: Archant
Engaged couples are being encouraged to host their big day in one of the area’s woodland villages as part of a new community campaign.
Members of St Michael’s Church and West Hill Village Hall are joining forces to promote the area to attract more local people to marry in the village.
The Reverend Mac Dick said: “We have a beautiful and intimate Devon village church and a splendid and well equipped village hall just around the corner. Marrying in church has a special significance unlike a licensed venue elsewhere and vows given and received within a holy space have a resonance that will stay with the couple forever.”
As part of the drive, a new website has launched informing couples about what is on offer. Ian Heard, chairman of trustees, said the hall has rooms and kitchen facilities for wedding parties of all sizes.
He said: “Our modern village hall offers a large hall for the reception complete with a stunning indoor marquee which provides a magical environment for that special occasion.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.marryinwesthill.weebly.com or call 01404 371064 or 01404 814 191 for more information.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 9 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon