West Hill WI Hall could be torn down to make way for new homes
- Credit: Archant
The West Hill WI hall could be torn down to make way for new family homes if an application is given the go-ahead.
The plans which were put forward on behalf of Adrian Fowler, of Green Acres Homes, were previously granted on appeal.
However, works did not begin before the scheme’s expiration date so new plans have been resubmitted.
The proposed development, off West Hill Road, includes three detached homes, one with three bedrooms and two with four or more.
Due to the current housing market and building costs, the applicant also wishes to take this opportunity to reduce the floor area by not including third floors.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme also includes parking spaces for each dwelling and a new footpath along the southern boundary, which will help to improve visibility for vehicles leaving the site on the main road.
The final decision will be made by East Devon District Council.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge