Wet and wild seafront captured in stunning shots
- Credit: Mark Eburne
The power of Mother Nature was on display at Sidmouth’s seafront, with brave spectators treated to stunning waves.
Photographer Rob Chidgey managed the capture the waves which crashed down on the The Esplanade at high tide.
He said: "What a fantastic morning this was for a photographer.
"I set off from home in hope of seeing a display from the ocean and wasn't disappointed.
"At first I kept my distance using my zoom lens to get a couple of shots. Then after watching the tide for a bit and working out where it was safe to stand I got a bit closer to the action.
You may also want to watch:
"This was a great shoot It was enjoyable to watch Mother Nature at work and get shots of."
The huge waves foreshadow more testing weather that Devon could be set to endure.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
A powerful storm, Hurricane Lorenzo, is barrelling its way towards the UK, and more weather warnings are expected to be put in place by the Met Office.