Who is turning on the lights at Sidmouth’s Christmas switch on 2018?
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth will switch into Christmas mode with the help of the town’s champion cricket team at this year’s light switch on.
As December draws closer, the town council has announced the lights will turn on for the first time at 5.30pm on Saturday, November 17.
Sidmouth town council’s clerk Christopher Holland said the night promises to be a sparkling start to Christmas in the town with the help of the club’s successful first, second and third teams.
Sidmouth Cricket Club celebrated another successful summer, with the first team winning the Devon Premier League for the seventh time in 10 years, its third team also coming top and seconds finishing runner up in their respective divisions.
Also on the night, the Gliddon’s steam engine will be on display as well as live music from Vine and Dandy from 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Primary school children will have the chance to win a £100 toy voucher, donated by Gliddon’s Toys.
Councillor Ian McKenzie-Edwards, chairman of the town council, said: “This year, it is entirely fitting that a group of our own local celebrities, our champion cricket team, receives some recognition after many years of successful tournaments.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
The festive display has been provided by the Town Council with support from Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce.