Wheelie bin stolen in Sidmouth and more news
Late-night thieves made off with a large commercial wheelie bin full of rubbish from a Sidmouth bakery. Read this and more.
BIN AND GONE: Late-night thieves made off with a large commercial wheelie bin full of rubbish from a Sidmouth bakery.
The blue receptacle hasn’t been seen since it was taken from the rear of Vinnicombes between Monday, January 16, and Tuesday, January 17. Other bins in the area had been turned over and their contents had spilled out. Contact police on 101, crime reference: KS/12/33.
HALF BAKED: Burglars unsuccessfully tried to gain entry to Shaul’s Bakery in Fore Street, Sidmouth, overnight between Sunday, January 15, and Monday, January 16. Police want to hear from anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area. Dial 101.
You may also want to watch:
POPPY HAUL: The Sidbury and Sidford branch of the Royal British Legion (RBL) has celebrated collecting a total of �7,923 during last year’s Poppy Appeal.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
A �1,378 slice of the total was netted in Newton Poppleford. “Thank you to all who donated, to those who collected from house to house and to businesses who kindly had collecting boxes on their premises,” said Colin Kingman, Sidbury and Sidford RNL Poppy Appeal organiser.
SWEET EVENT: Sugarcraft classes take place in Tipton St John Community Hall on alternate Wednesday evenings from 6.45pm to 8.45pm.
The next will take place on January 25. Beginners and improvers are catered for. Contact Ann on 01395 239215 for more information.
OUTBREAK: Leaders at Sidmouth Primary School re-issued an appeal for parents to check children’s hair after further incidents of head lice among children.
WALKERS WELCOME: Hospiscare Mid and East Devon has invited chaps in the Sidmouth area to take part in the charity’s 2012 Men’s Walk on Saturday, March 17.
The 10k route starts and finishes at the Sandy Park home of the Exeter Chiefs. Entry (�10) must be paid before February 1.