It’s Sidmouth Carnival time! What you need to know about the event
- Credit: Archant
Dazzling lights and spectacular displays are expected this weekend as the carnival rolls into Sidmouth.
The events committee have been busy putting the finishing touches in place before the procession on Saturday which will kick off at 7.30pm.
Alongside fantastic floats, Street Heat samba band will also help to bring the carnival spirit with their musical displays.
Also featuring in the procession is Sidmouth’s Carnival Queen Jess Birkhead and Grace Oxley as princess.
Road closures will be in place from 3pm to 8.30pm from Stowford Rise to Woolbrook Road, including by Lidl.
You may also want to watch:
Further road closures will be in place at 7pm to 10pm in Woolbrook, Arcot Road, Temple Street, Vicarage Road, Radway, High Street, Fore Street, The Esplanade, Station Road and All Saints Road.
Jo Hughes, carnival chairman, said: “We are praying for the weather. We have a really good committee, though we are without a treasurer, we get on really well and have a laugh and that’s how it should be. It’s really good to have Street Heat.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
She thanked Ben and Richard Waring for their help sorting the road closures.