Last chance to enter Sidmouth Swimathon
- Credit: Archant
There is still time to book a lane for this year’s Swimathon and raise money for a trio of Sid Valley causes.
Currently 21 teams have entered into the Rotary Club of Sidmouth event, which will take place at Sidmouth Swimming Pool on Saturday, October 6.
The chosen charities are Sidmouth Hospiscare, Sidmouth Gig Club and Sid Valley Memory Café.
New to the competition will be two teams from East Devon Dance Academy and Sidmouth Golf Clubs Ladies.
At the end of the night, six teams will compete for the first ever Victoria Cup, which will be presented to the group that completes the most lengths in 55 minutes. Going for glory this year is Sidmouth Running Club, Waitrose, Sidbury Cricket Club, East Devon Dance Academy, St John’s School and the Victoria Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Any businesses or organisation that still wish to enter can contact Nigel Sharp on 01395 513168.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other