Which town in East Devon has recycled the most Christmas trees?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
More than ONE THOUSAND trees were ground up by council shredders in just this week alone.
Council workers have been busy shredding more than 1,000 Christmas trees this week as people finish putting away their decorations.
And its Sidmouth residents who have rid themselves of the most Christmas trees – 325 to be exact.
Seaton had the second highest amount of trees recycled with 248, followed by Ottery St Mary, which saw 198 shredded.
Honiton and Axminster residents brought 155 and 95 trees respectively to the East Devon District Council’s Streetscene team to be recycled.
You may also want to watch:
In total, 1,021 trees have been ground up by council shredders since Monday – that’s around 145 per day!
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots