Whimple crematorium to hold remembrance service
Sidmouth minister to lead remembrance Christmas service at new East Devon Crematorium
A SIDMOUTH minister will lead a Christmas service of remembrance, to celebrate the lives and memories of loved ones, at East Devon Crematorium on Saturday, December 10 at 1pm.
The service, at the new crematorium, located just off the old A30 at Strete Ralegh near Whimple, will be led by the Reverend Robin Laird, with Geoff Wood, a civil celebrant, and Trudi Farmer, an interfaith minister, taking part.
Carols and readings will reflect on Christmas, and people can light a candle in memory of a friend or family member.
Personal tribute cards will also be available to hang on the chapel’s Christmas tree.
You may also want to watch:
Mulled wine, mince pies, tea and cake, will be provided after the service and all are welcome.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court