Whimple crematorium to hold remembrance service
Sidmouth minister to lead remembrance Christmas service at new East Devon Crematorium
A SIDMOUTH minister will lead a Christmas service of remembrance, to celebrate the lives and memories of loved ones, at East Devon Crematorium on Saturday, December 10 at 1pm.
The service, at the new crematorium, located just off the old A30 at Strete Ralegh near Whimple, will be led by the Reverend Robin Laird, with Geoff Wood, a civil celebrant, and Trudi Farmer, an interfaith minister, taking part.
Carols and readings will reflect on Christmas, and people can light a candle in memory of a friend or family member.
Personal tribute cards will also be available to hang on the chapel’s Christmas tree.
You may also want to watch:
Mulled wine, mince pies, tea and cake, will be provided after the service and all are welcome.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss