Who is Ottoery's citizen of the year?
THE hunt for Ottery s citizen of the year is underway. Nominees are being sought for the competition and townsfolk have been urged to have a say on who they think has been the parish s outstanding resident over the past 12 months.
THE hunt for Ottery's citizen of the year is underway.
Nominees are being sought for the competition and townsfolk have been urged to have a say on who they think has been the parish's outstanding resident over the past 12 months.
Town clerk Judith Reynolds said: "The person nominated may be someone who has done a lot in their community or worked on a particular project. It's really up to the public to decide who they think merits this honour."
Any resident within the Parish boundaries- which includes the town, Tipton St John, Metcombe,Wiggaton, West Hill, Alfington, Escot, Gosford, Fenny Bridges and Thorne- can be put forward.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations must be submitted to the council offices in Silver Street before March 27.
A winner will be announced at the council's Annual Parish Meeting on Friday, April 17.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Nominations should be from individuals and not groups, councillors and council employees are not eligible.