Wholesome family fun at apple-pressing event in Salcombe Regis
- Credit: Archant
A Salcombe Regis family is promising a day of wholesome seasonal fun as the apple press is brought out for another year.
Giles Sadler, his wife, Helen, and son, Edward, is inviting guests to take along their own washed apples that they can turn into delicious juice to enjoy fresh, freeze for later – or ferment into cider.
The event will be held at Thorn Park Golf Centre from 11am to 3pm, next Sunday (October 15).
Giles said: “We have a scratter to pulp the apples, traditional screw press and hydropress to extract the juice – all good wholesome family fun!
“We will be pressing our own orchard apples and offering a pressing service to local households as a community event.
You may also want to watch:
“Even crab apples and bramleys can make surprisingly good juice.
“Don’t forget to bring some containers for the juice.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
There will be a fee of 60 pence per standard bucket of apples.