Why did the cormorant cross the road in Sidmouth?
Cormorant spotted crossing Woolbrook Road by Sidmouth bird-lover Leslie
WE have all heard about the proverbial chicken that crossed the road, but in Sidmouth, it was more the case of a cormorant being spotted crossing Woolbrook Road.
Bird-lover Leslie Harris, of Manstone Avenue, spotted this cormorant recently and caught it on camera.
He said: “It was sitting on a gate. It couldn’t fly. Then it jumped down and crossed the road.”
He understands the bird, which may have been injured, was taken into care by an animal charity.
You may also want to watch:
Calls to the RSPCA, Devon Wildlife Hospital and other local sanctuaries have drawn a blank, so if you know what happened to the cormorant, please call reporters on (01392) 888 500.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC