Why did the cormorant cross the road in Sidmouth?
Cormorant spotted crossing Woolbrook Road by Sidmouth bird-lover Leslie
WE have all heard about the proverbial chicken that crossed the road, but in Sidmouth, it was more the case of a cormorant being spotted crossing Woolbrook Road.
Bird-lover Leslie Harris, of Manstone Avenue, spotted this cormorant recently and caught it on camera.
He said: “It was sitting on a gate. It couldn’t fly. Then it jumped down and crossed the road.”
He understands the bird, which may have been injured, was taken into care by an animal charity.
You may also want to watch:
Calls to the RSPCA, Devon Wildlife Hospital and other local sanctuaries have drawn a blank, so if you know what happened to the cormorant, please call reporters on (01392) 888 500.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth