Wide ranging events will fund ‘urgent’ work to Harpford Hall
- Credit: Archant
An orchestra of two will be squeezing into the 50-seat venue in one of many fundraisers to restore Harpford Hall to its former glory.
Volunteers have done about as much as they can to fix up the community space since the committee bought it for £30,000, plus £5,000 in legal fees, in 2015.
Now it is in ‘urgent’ need of redecoration, so members have enlisted a professional to strip away the years of repairs and give it a fresh lick of paint.
Committee chairman Val Ranger said: “The hall was out of bounds for a number of years and time has taken its toll on the external paintwork, which is now very blistered, leaving the wood exposed to the elements.
“The work is starting at the end of June and we are therefore having a big push on fundraising events in the next few weeks and months and hope as many people as possible will support these.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the upcoming events planned is a performance of the Blackheart Orchestra on Saturday, August 12. Visit harpfordvillagehall.wordpress.com or call Val on 01395 568460.
- 1 Aldi has Sidmouth in its sights for new supermarket
- 2 Tributes paid to 'a real gentleman' of Sidmouth
- 3 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
- 4 No immediate work on town's cliffs despite recent falls
- 5 Person with broken ankle rescued from Littlecombe Shute
- 6 Time to show results for £100M broadband fund
- 7 Police launch campaign to bin pressure on 101 number
- 8 Changin' with the times in Connaught Gardens
- 9 Spectacular garden opens to the public at Bickwell Valley
- 10 Sidmouth jewellery shop is a gem worth discovering