Wide ranging events will fund ‘urgent’ work to Harpford Hall
- Credit: Archant
An orchestra of two will be squeezing into the 50-seat venue in one of many fundraisers to restore Harpford Hall to its former glory.
Volunteers have done about as much as they can to fix up the community space since the committee bought it for £30,000, plus £5,000 in legal fees, in 2015.
Now it is in ‘urgent’ need of redecoration, so members have enlisted a professional to strip away the years of repairs and give it a fresh lick of paint.
Committee chairman Val Ranger said: “The hall was out of bounds for a number of years and time has taken its toll on the external paintwork, which is now very blistered, leaving the wood exposed to the elements.
“The work is starting at the end of June and we are therefore having a big push on fundraising events in the next few weeks and months and hope as many people as possible will support these.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the upcoming events planned is a performance of the Blackheart Orchestra on Saturday, August 12. Visit harpfordvillagehall.wordpress.com or call Val on 01395 568460.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride