Wild weather: huge waves crash into Sidmouth seafront
- Credit: IAN WILLIAMS/APEX
Updated - pictures: The Esplanade takes a battering from the elements
Massive waves smash into Sidmouth seafront over the weekend.
Photographer Ian Williams was on hand to take these dramatic photographs.
He said: “Can’t ever recall it being so windy down there. I got absolutely soaked!”
Colin Boynton also took a stunning snap of the calm after the storm on Sunday from the Bedford Steps.
You may also want to watch:
Herald chief photographer Simon Horn was also in the thick of the action, capturing some eye-catching picutres of the seafront taking a battering.
Have you got a dramatic photograph of the recent wild weather? The Herald would love to share it with our readers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98