Wilde about Oscar in Sidmouth
FAMILIAR faces will perform in locally-based Idle Theme theatre company s outdoor production of the Oscar Wilde classic An Ideal Husband at Sidmouth s Sidholme Hotel in July.
FAMILIAR faces will perform in locally-based Idle Theme theatre company's outdoor production of the Oscar Wilde classic An Ideal Husband at Sidmouth's Sidholme Hotel in July.
The comedy will bring together local actors and visiting professionals and Sandria Stewart, Marc Colson, Mark Donne-Davis, Brian Rees, Evelyn O'Malley and Alec Fellows-Bennett, are rehearsing for the garden performances from Thursday, July 8 to Saturday, July 10.
Joining the company once again is Nicola Osborne, who played Miss Prism in last year's rendition of The Importance of Being Earnest, together with Rachel Longstaff, who trained at Cygnet, Exeter's drama school.
The company is still searching for a very special prop - a piece of jewellery that can be used as a bracelet and look like a brooch.
You may also want to watch:
Artistic director Alec Fellows-Bennett, said: "This item can be gold, silver, encrusted with jewels and diamonds or simple and plain but must be able to create the deception of being both items at once.
"If anyone has such a piece of jewellery lurking in their dressing table drawers and would be willing to lend it to the company for this year's production, Idle Theme will reward you with two tickets to the performance of your choice to see your brooch/bracelet in action."
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 5 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 6 Another record for Kirsteen
- 7 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 8 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 9 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
Gardens will open for picnics at 6.30pm and the performances are at 7.30pm. Tickets, �10, are going fast. They are available from Paragon Books or call (01395) 577433.
If wet, the performance will take place in Sidholme's Gothic music room.
You can also catch An Ideal Husband at Otterton Mill on July 24 (01395) 568521.