Wildlife photography contest
Devon Wildlife Trust is making a final call for photographers of all ages and abilities to take part in this year s charity wildlife photographic competition.
Devon Wildlife Trust is making a final call for photographers of all ages and abilities to take part in this year's charity wildlife photographic competition.
Photos, which have to be taken at one of the charity's 40 nature reserves, need to be taken before October 31.
In the past the competition has attracted a range of subjects and encouraged many more people to visit DWT's wildlife sites.
The winning photographs, together with the names of the photographers, will be published in the charity's magazine Wild Devon which is sent out to over 30,000 members. Selected entries will be exhibited around the county in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is open to any amateur photographer and there are two categories; Children under the age of 16 and Adults. There is a £2 fee for each adult entry and £1 for children.
Last year's under 16 winner was an image of foxgloves by 5 year old Matthew Kean from Plymouth.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
DWT Volunteer Pat Bussell from Exeter has organised the competition and said: "We want everyone to try and visit their local DWT nature reserve this month.
"There are over 40 around the county and all a full of interesting subjects to snap.
"So whether it is a bird, flower, insect plant, fungi or a scenery shot of riverside, woodland, heath or meadow why not have a go!"
The event has this year been sponsored by London Camera Exchange (Exeter) , Francis Clark Chartered Accountants, The Moorland Rambler, Norwich Union and Eggesford Garden Centre.
The results of the competition will be announced in December. For more information about the competition, visit www.devonwildlifetust.org and click on 'Photo competition 2008'.