Win Royal Wedding loving cup from Sidmouth store
Goviers of Sidmouth offers Sidmouth Herald readers a chance to win bone china loving cup
GOVIERS of Sidmouth has generously offered readers of the Sidmouth Herald the chance to win a special commemorative bone china loving cup to mark the Royal Wedding.
The Aynsley loving cup, worth �35, depicts Prince William’s coat of arms and the family trees of the couple on the reverse.
The loving cup is among a huge selection of royal mementoes for Prince William and Catherine Middleton’s wedding, which takes place on Friday, April 29, at Westminster Abbey.
Much of the limited edition chinaware has been especially commissioned by Alan Morgenwroth, owner of Goviers, and he is particularly delighted with a pair of Royal Crown Derby swans that sell for �590 for the pair.
Another collectors’ item is a pair of miniature goblets, painted inside and out by Nigel Creed, by Elliot Hall. Only 10 pairs have been made to mark the royal celebrations.
Many of these special edition items commissioned by and exclusive to Goviers, are available in store and by mail order.
- 1 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 Freezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 5 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 8 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
- 9 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 10 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
Alan said: “This wedding has been a bonus to the British ceramic industry and has kept quite a few of the factories in business. It has been very important for the industry and it will be carried over next year with the Queen’s diamond jubilee.”
*For your chance to win the loving cup offered, make sure you buy a copy of our special royal edition of the Sidmouth Herald, out on Thursday, April 28.