Win Royal Wedding loving cup from Sidmouth store
Goviers of Sidmouth offers Sidmouth Herald readers a chance to win bone china loving cup
GOVIERS of Sidmouth has generously offered readers of the Sidmouth Herald the chance to win a special commemorative bone china loving cup to mark the Royal Wedding.
The Aynsley loving cup, worth �35, depicts Prince William’s coat of arms and the family trees of the couple on the reverse.
The loving cup is among a huge selection of royal mementoes for Prince William and Catherine Middleton’s wedding, which takes place on Friday, April 29, at Westminster Abbey.
Much of the limited edition chinaware has been especially commissioned by Alan Morgenwroth, owner of Goviers, and he is particularly delighted with a pair of Royal Crown Derby swans that sell for �590 for the pair.
You may also want to watch:
Another collectors’ item is a pair of miniature goblets, painted inside and out by Nigel Creed, by Elliot Hall. Only 10 pairs have been made to mark the royal celebrations.
Many of these special edition items commissioned by and exclusive to Goviers, are available in store and by mail order.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
Alan said: “This wedding has been a bonus to the British ceramic industry and has kept quite a few of the factories in business. It has been very important for the industry and it will be carried over next year with the Queen’s diamond jubilee.”
*For your chance to win the loving cup offered, make sure you buy a copy of our special royal edition of the Sidmouth Herald, out on Thursday, April 28.