Window damaged at new charity shop
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s newest charity shop suffered mystery damage to its front window after a large crack appeared.
It was the keen eye of their neighbours in Daffy-down-dilly that alerted them to the problem.
The confectionery shop tweeted that there was damage on Tuesday, December 28.
The WESC Foundation shop opened at the start of December and received warm support from the town’s shoppers.
Manager Sharon Green said: “I was in Exeter that day and then I came down to the shop and saw it.
“It caused a bit of a panic on New Year’s Eve but it’s boarded up now. I want to thank the lady across the road for letting us know.”
The WESC Foundation is a social enterprise and charity for young people and adults who have a visual impairment.
- 1 Opinion: 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Arrows flying straight in the Sidmouth Darts League
- 4 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 5 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 6 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 7 Girlguiding achievements celebrated at church service
- 8 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 9 Rugby round-up from the East Devon region
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years