Window damaged at new charity shop
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s newest charity shop suffered mystery damage to its front window after a large crack appeared.
It was the keen eye of their neighbours in Daffy-down-dilly that alerted them to the problem.
The confectionery shop tweeted that there was damage on Tuesday, December 28.
The WESC Foundation shop opened at the start of December and received warm support from the town’s shoppers.
Manager Sharon Green said: “I was in Exeter that day and then I came down to the shop and saw it.
You may also want to watch:
“It caused a bit of a panic on New Year’s Eve but it’s boarded up now. I want to thank the lady across the road for letting us know.”
The WESC Foundation is a social enterprise and charity for young people and adults who have a visual impairment.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 10 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords