New wine bar to expand evening offerings in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new wine bar offering a place for people ‘to let their hair down’ has officially opened.
Sarah Mallett, who owns Sarah Jane’s café, is toasting her new venture after launching Blues Wine Bar last week.
The business owner has taken over The Rendezvous, which will be open in the evenings to boost the town’s nighttime offerings.
Before becoming a restaurant, the Fore Street property was Browns Wine Bar and Sarah hopes to recreate its success by adding live music and an expanding menu to diners’ experience.
Sarah said: “We had a very nice weekend. It was quite low key to test the kitchen out and it went really well.
You may also want to watch:
I like the whole history [of Browns], there are lots of fond memories and we would like to recreate that if we can. It was very successful. The menu is growing, it’s quite a baby one at the moment and we’re looking at what customers want and what wee are able to do.
“At Sarah Jaynes people come in for their main mean of the day, down here at Blues it’s people who work hard all week who come in and let their hair down. They are quite happy to spend an evening here and take their time.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future