Winners all round at races
FOUR Sidmouth charities have benefited from this year s annual Race Night, which raised £1,907. Each received cheques from Barry Martin of Cards for All Seasons at Sidmouth Daycare Nursery on Wednesday.
FOUR Sidmouth charities have benefited from this year's annual Race Night, which raised £1,907.
Each received cheques from Barry Martin of Cards for All Seasons at Sidmouth Daycare Nursery on Wednesday.
The nursery, which meets in All Saints church hall, received £500, as did the Living with Cancer group, run by Bill and Evelyn Lankester, and Kennaway House for its restoration fund.
The Hot Cross Bun Fund received £407.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday's race night, held at the Bedford Hotel, was organised by Mr Martin, his wife Marie, with Martyn and Morwyn Davies running the tote, helped by Sandra Cole and Annie Carter.
Mike Dibble was on fine form as the MC for the eight races.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Some fillies among the 80 people there rose to the occasion, dressing in riding hats and wielding crops, and there were eight lucky recipients of champagne in the winners' enclosure by the end of the evening.
"Everyone enjoyed themselves and some wanted to buy tickets for next year," said Mr Martin, who praised hoteliers Colin and Beverley Pyne for the meal they provided.
Main sponsor of the evening was Harrison Lavers.
Accepting the nursery cheque, Karin Persson said the money would be spent on buying new equipment.
David Keast, former trustee for Kennaway House, and Mr and Mrs Lankester were delighted with their donations.