Winter car parking rates extended until May across East Devon
- Credit: Archant
The all-day £2 winter car parking tariff has been extended until May.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) has decided to not bring its usual car park charging tariff back on April 1 this year, in order to better support town centre businesses.
The authority revealed its all day parking for £2 will continue, following an agreement by council leader Councillor Ben Ingham and assets portfolio holder Cllr Geoff Pook.
An EDDC spokesman said: “This decision will be kept under review and when demand begins to return to normal then we anticipate returning to our usual charging tariff.”
EDDC owns car parks in all the major East Devon towns, including Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Seaton, Axminster, Ottery and Budleigh.
You may also want to watch:
Visit eastdevon.gov.uk/parking/parking-information/car-park-locations-and-information to find all the EDDC car parks affected.
Don’t forget to keep in touch with the latest news and goings on in your area.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
Anyone who is self-isolating and would like to share how they are making do should email firstname.lastname@example.org.