Winter car parking rates extended until May across East Devon
- Credit: Archant
The all-day £2 winter car parking tariff has been extended until May.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) has decided to not bring its usual car park charging tariff back on April 1 this year, in order to better support town centre businesses.
The authority revealed its all day parking for £2 will continue, following an agreement by council leader Councillor Ben Ingham and assets portfolio holder Cllr Geoff Pook.
An EDDC spokesman said: “This decision will be kept under review and when demand begins to return to normal then we anticipate returning to our usual charging tariff.”
EDDC owns car parks in all the major East Devon towns, including Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Seaton, Axminster, Ottery and Budleigh.
You may also want to watch:
Visit eastdevon.gov.uk/parking/parking-information/car-park-locations-and-information to find all the EDDC car parks affected.
Don’t forget to keep in touch with the latest news and goings on in your area.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
Anyone who is self-isolating and would like to share how they are making do should email email@example.com.