Witnesses pull driver from overturned car
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses pulled a man from his vehicle when it hit a parked car and overturned in Sidmouth last night.
The VW Polo rolled onto its side, with the driver having to be extracted through the passenger door after the incident in Temple Street at 8.25pm.
Miles Fayter-Small, who owns the Mini Clubman it shunted forward a metre, said he went outside after hearing an ‘almighty screech’.
“It’s lucky no one was hurt,” he said. “Hopefully my car is repairable.”
Chic-o-Land staff Ayhan Adsay and Yasar Oflaz pulled the man from the overturned vehicle, with help from Temple Street resident Kieran Seale.
You may also want to watch:
“We were sitting inside when we heard the crash,” said Ayhan. “We opened the door, got the man out and sat him down.
“I think he was in shock. We called the ambulance.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
Paramedics treated the driver at the scene and fire crews from Sidmouth made his vehicle safe. A police spokesman said the man suffered no serious injuries.
Temple Street was closed until the car was removed at 10.15pm.