Witnesses pull driver from overturned car
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses pulled a man from his vehicle when it hit a parked car and overturned in Sidmouth last night.
The VW Polo rolled onto its side, with the driver having to be extracted through the passenger door after the incident in Temple Street at 8.25pm.
Miles Fayter-Small, who owns the Mini Clubman it shunted forward a metre, said he went outside after hearing an ‘almighty screech’.
“It’s lucky no one was hurt,” he said. “Hopefully my car is repairable.”
Chic-o-Land staff Ayhan Adsay and Yasar Oflaz pulled the man from the overturned vehicle, with help from Temple Street resident Kieran Seale.
You may also want to watch:
“We were sitting inside when we heard the crash,” said Ayhan. “We opened the door, got the man out and sat him down.
“I think he was in shock. We called the ambulance.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
Paramedics treated the driver at the scene and fire crews from Sidmouth made his vehicle safe. A police spokesman said the man suffered no serious injuries.
Temple Street was closed until the car was removed at 10.15pm.