Woman at helm of NHS Devon
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James. She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James.
She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NHS Devon is responsible for commissioning healthcare services for the county's 750,000 residents.
Its chairman, Dr David Radford, said: "We are delighted to have made such a good appointment.
You may also want to watch:
"Ann really impressed the interview panel with her grasp of the challenges we face, not least balancing the needs of patients with national priorities and further improving local services.
"Ann was the unanimous choice of the panel and we know she is going to make a really positive impact on healthcare in Devon."
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
She currently leads NHS Cornwall and Isles of Scilly which she joined from NHS Plymouth as chief executive in 2006.